Changing User Roles On WordPress
Changing user roles is simple on a WordPress website.
- From the WordPress dashboard click Users.
- Check the box next to the user’s permissions you want to change
- Click the change role drop down and select the new role you want to give the user.
- Click the change button.
Not sure what role to give the users. We created this guide for you.
- Administrator – Has access to all administrative options and features.
- Editor – Can manage and publish posts. Traditionally, editors review posts submitted by contributors and then schedule them for review.
- Author – Can publish their own posts when they wish.
- Contributor – Can write posts but cannot publish them. Instead, they need to submit their posts for review.
- Subscriber – Has basic functionality such as changing their profile and leaving comments.
If you are looking to create additional user roles we recommend this free plugin.